Happy Mother’s Day weekend!
In honor of all the wonderful moms out there, we are posting another scholarship for single moms who are pursing their education.
The Patsy Takemoto Mink Education Foundation is offering five Education Support Awards of up to $2,000 each to assist low-income women with children. Deadline: July 15, 2010.
Patsy Takemoto Mink served in the US Congress, and was the first woman of color elected to the U.S. House of Representatives. She worked on civil rights, civil liberties, peace, economic justice, and women’s rights.
- must be a woman, at least 17 years of age
- must be a mother, with minor children
- must be enrolled in a skills training, ESL, or GED program; or pursuing a technical/vocational degree, an associate’s degree, a first bachelor’s degree, or a professional/master’s/doctoral degree.
- must be enrolled in an accredited program during the 2010-2011 academic year
- must be low-income (annual family income less than $17,500 for a family of 2; $22,000 for a family of 3; $26,500 for a family of 4)
For more information, or to apply, visit the Patsy Takemoto Mink Education Foundation website.