The Hellenic Times Scholarship Fund gives students of Greek descent scholarships.
To date over $1.5 million has been awarded to more than 600 Greek American Students.
- be between the ages of 17 and 25 as of May 2011
- be enrolled in an accredited college or university, as graduate or undergraduate students, for the 2011 – 2012 academic year
Applications must be postmarked by January 31, 2011
Click here for the application form.
For more information visit The Hellenic Times Scholarship Fund’s website.
Tags: greek scholarships
Looking for scholarships? Google Scholar Alerts can help you out.
We’ve been tracking scholarships using Google Alerts for a long time. Google Alerts are actually quite handy. You can set up a Google Alert for any query, and Google will automatically email you a list of all new hits for that query. Google Alerts, however, pull from Google’s entire index- and don’t always provide us with relevant information.
A recent article, “Automating Research with Google Scholar Alerts,” suggests taking advantage of Google’s new Scholar Alert feature for research. Google Scholar Alerts pull results only from scholarly literature —”articles, theses, books, abstracts,” and other resources from “academic publishers, professional societies, “online repositories, universities,” and other scholarly websites. Scholar Alerts seem like a much better tool for research, and especially for discovering new scholarships.
You can set up Google Scholar Alerts to track scholarships on your own. It’s really easy! Both Google and Resource Shelf offer instructions on how to set them up. If you happen to discover a scholarship that we have yet to find, please post a comment and let us know! We’ll be sure to feature your new find.
The Barona Sustainable Environment Scholarship was established by the Barona Band of Mission Indians and Barona Resort & Casino to assist students who are pursuing careers in the horticulture, turf grass management, natural resources, or environmental sciences industries.
The program seeks out students who have a passion for the environment and the drive to create a sustainable future.
Four finalists will each receive a $1,000 scholarship. Scholarships will be awarded based on the student’s application, references, and recommendations. Based on the personal interview, one of the four finalists will receive an additional $1,000.
- Be studying horticulture studies, turf grass management, natural resources management, environmental sciences or related field
- Attend a two or more year accredited college or university located in Southern California
- Be a legal resident of the United States.
- Be a full-time student with a minimum of 12 credits per semester and an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
Deadline July 15, 2010
For more information or to apply, click here.
, sustainability scholarship
Do you love wine? Have you ever wanted to design a cool, unique label for your favorite wine?
Hyatt Hotels is sponsoring a contest asking art students to create a submit a signature wine label for Canvas Wine bottles.
Not only will the winning label be printed on Canvas Wine bottles beginning in 2011, but three winners will receive a $5,000 scholarship to any art school!
Applicants must submit an original piece of art depicting the characteristics of one of the three Canvas types of wine:
- Cabernet Sauvignon
Deadline is August 15, 2010.
Judges will select three finalists for each type of wine whose art work will be displayed on the Canvas Wines website.
You can find more information here.
The David E. Whitmire Scholarship fund was created in 1999 by various members of the Whitmire family to honor the life and career of David E. Whitmire.
Applicants must be:
- full or part-time student
- graduate or undergraduate student at a four-year accredited university
- U.S. citizen
- have at least a 3.5 GPA
- a criminal justice, criminology, police administration, police science major
Application deadline is December 15, 2010.
The scholarship winner will receive $500.00.
For more information and to apply visit the David E. Whitmire Scholarship Fund’s website
Tags: criminal justice scholarship
The Professional Beauty Association and the National Cosmetology Association are administering the 2011 Sally Beauty Cosmetology Scholarship.
Sally Beauty Supply is funding the available thirteen scholarships:
- Seven $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to high school graduates desiring to enter the cosmetology profession.
- Six $500 scholarships will be awarded to current PBA | NCA members for continuing education in the field of cosmetology.
Application Deadline is November 15, 2010
For more information please visit the National Cosmetology Association’s website.
Are you in the Military?
You have served for our country, so now it’s time to use your benefits!
Whether you served in the Army, Navy, Coast Guard, Air Force, Marines, or National Guard you deserve all the money you can get when going back to school!
Check out the available military scholarships offered.
Tags: military scholarship
The NFL and the Pat Tillman Foundation have created the NFL-Tillman Scholarship, which was announced at the Pat Tillman Legacy Summit in Washington, D.C.
With the the NFL-Tillman Scholarship, the NFL will honor an individual who exemplifies Pat Tillman’s enduring legacy of service each year.
The Tillman Foundation supports educational opportunities for veterans and their families. Tillman Military Scholarships are available to veteran and active service members from all branches of the U.S. military who wish to start, finish, or further their education, as well as to dependents and survivors of service members.
Tilman put his professional NFL career with the Arizona Cardinals on hold to serve his country, after the September 11, 2001 attacks.
The Tillman family and friends created the Pat Tillman Foundation in 2004, following Pat’s death while serving with the 75th Ranger Regiment in Afghanistan. The Pat Tillman Foundation was established to carry forward Pat’s legacy of leadership and civic action by supporting future generations of leaders who embody the American tradition of citizen service.
Check out other military scholarships.
Tags: military scholarships
The American Red Cross Jane Delano Student Nurse Scholarship Fund will award three $3,000 scholarships to nursing students who have contributed volunteer service to an American Red Cross unit.
A nursing student eligible for receiving the scholarship will:
- Have contributed volunteer service to a Red Cross unit within the past five years.
- Have completed the equivalent of at least one year of college/university credits.
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited United States nursing school.
- Be currently enrolled as a student in good academic standing.
Deadline: July 1, 2010
For more information and to apply, please visit the American Red Cross website.
Tags: nursing scholarship
Marriott International and the IFA (International Franchise Association) Educational Foundation are sponsoring the 2010 Minority Entrepreneurs Scholarship Program.
Five $3,000 scholarship awards will be presented annually. The scholarship program recognizes minority students who are enrolled in business, franchising, or entrepreneurial studies.
Applicants must be:
- College students enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Adult entrepreneurs pursuing Executive Education programs (must have at least five years of business ownership or managerial experience, as well as excellent credentials, including employment experience)
- Be considered a member of a minority group: African-American, American-Indian, Hispanic, or Asian-American
- Be a U.S. citizen
Deadline: June 15, 2010.
Fill out the scholarship application here.