The David E. Whitmire Scholarship fund was created in 1999 by various members of the Whitmire family to honor the life and career of David E. Whitmire.
Applicants must be:
- full or part-time student
- graduate or undergraduate student at a four-year accredited university
- U.S. citizen
- have at least a 3.5 GPA
- a criminal justice, criminology, police administration, police science major
Application deadline is December 15, 2010.
The scholarship winner will receive $500.00.
For more information and to apply visit the David E. Whitmire Scholarship Fund’s website
Tags: criminal justice scholarship
The Professional Beauty Association and the National Cosmetology Association are administering the 2011 Sally Beauty Cosmetology Scholarship.
Sally Beauty Supply is funding the available thirteen scholarships:
- Seven $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to high school graduates desiring to enter the cosmetology profession.
- Six $500 scholarships will be awarded to current PBA | NCA members for continuing education in the field of cosmetology.
Application Deadline is November 15, 2010
For more information please visit the National Cosmetology Association’s website.