Freedom Alliance Scholarship Fund
The Freedom Alliance Scholarship Fund honors Americans in the Armed Forces who have sacrificed their life or been permanently disabled from defending our country, by providing educational scholarships for their children.
The Freedom Alliance Scholarship Funds helps offset the high cost of college education for the sons and daughters of American heroes. It is also a reminder to the recipient that their parents’ sacrifice will never be forgotten by our grateful nation.
Application Deadline: July 30, 2010
Eligibility: Applicants must be a dependant son/daughter of a U.S Soldier, Airman, Marine, or Guardsman who has (either):
- become permanently disabled (100% VA disability rating) as a result of an operational mission or training accident
- been killed in action (line of duty)
- been classified as a prisoner of war (POW) or missing in action (MIA)
Also, applicants must be:
- Currently a senior in high school, a high school graduate, or enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student
- Under 26 years old (at the time of application)
Your application packet must contain the following items:
- Application form
- Copy of your government issued photo identification (Drivers License, Military ID Card)
- Certificate of death or rating letter from the Veterans Administration disability
- Official high school or college transcript
- Photo of applicant
- Photo of qualifying parent
Scholarship checks will be mailed directly and endorsed to the scholarship winner’s school.
For more information, visit the Freedom Alliance Scholarship Fund website.